Ingredients for the preparation of black rose salad
- Potato 4-5 pcs.
- 3-4 carrots
- Beets 4-5 pcs.
- Herring carcass (salted) 300-400 grams
- Canned squids 300-400 grams
- Mayonnaise 5-6 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- Parsley (dried) 1 tablespoon
- Main ingredients: Herring, Beetroot
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Casserole - 2 amount, Cutting board, Knife, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Fork (for checking the readiness of vegetables), Can opener, Grater, Large bowl (if you mix all the ingredients), 5 bowls (if you lay the salad in layers), Serving dish (flat), Stove, Refrigerator
Cooking Black Rose Salad:
Step 1: Boil the vegetables.Carrots and potatoes, after washing well under running water, can be cooked in one saucepan in salt water, over medium heat until cooked for 20 to 30 minutes. We cook the beets (also after washing) separately in fresh water from 40 minutes to 1 hour, also over medium heat. Ready vegetables need to be cooled and peeled.
Step 2: Grind the ingredients.2 - 3 beets need to be grated on a coarse grater or cut into small pieces (leave 1 - 2 for decoration, which are cut into half rings), carrots and potatoes are also chopped. Open the squid jar with a can opener, drain the liquid and cut them into strips, and salted herring into cubes.
Step 3: Spread and season the salad.Salad can be laid out in two ways. First: put it in layers, smearing each with mayonnaise. 1 - potatoes, 2 - herring, 3 - carrots, 4 - again potatoes, 5 - squids. The second method is faster and more convenient: we simply mix all the ingredients in one large bowl and season with mayonnaise.
Step 4: Serve the Black Rose Salad.We lay the salad on a serving dish evenly with a slide, decorating it with petals (beet half rings), having previously cooled it in the refrigerator. Then the salad needs to be laid out on portioned plates, you can sprinkle with dried or fresh parsley. Good appetite!
- - To cook beets faster, before this you can not cut the tail and spine. Cooking should be no more than 15 - 20 minutes. After cooking, immerse in cold water for 1 - 2 minutes.
- - The water in which the beets are cooked should not be salted, as the root crop may lose its saturated color.
- - So that the beets do not stain other ingredients, before mixing with them, it can be mixed with 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- - After the potatoes are boiled, it is better to get it out of the water immediately, as it can fall into pieces. If you drained the water in which the potatoes were boiled, then it is better not to cover it, it should dry, otherwise it will also fall apart.