Ingredients for Making Potato Duchesses
- Potato 1.5 kg
- Cream (25% and fatter) 0.5 cups
- Butter 100 g
- Egg yolk 2 pcs.
- Salt 3 tea spoons
- Ground black pepper on the tip of a knife
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Crockery, Brush, Blender, Stove, Casserole, Oven, Baking sheet, Culinary bag or pastry syringe, Sprocket nozzle, Baking parchment
Cooking Potato Duchesses:
Step 1: Cook the mashed potatoes.For cooking and subsequent preparation of mashed potatoes, and especially potato duchesses, red potatoes are best suited. We use it in this recipe. We wash the potatoes with running water, peel them and cut them into pieces 4 centimeters thick. Pieces are thrown into a pan with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of salt, stir gently in water, trying not to touch the potatoes. After 20 minutes, check the potato is ready, it should already soften. Drain the water, and transfer the potatoes to the blender bowl. Beat the potatoes with a blender until smooth, then add the heavy cream, half the butter, yolks, a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Mix mashed potatoes with a blender for 1-2 minutes.
Step 2: Form and bake the potato duchesses.We take out a baking sheet from the oven, and turn on the fire to warm the oven to 200 degrees. We cover the baking sheet with baking paper so that the duchesses do not burn. Fill a pastry syringe or a culinary bag with mashed potatoes, and squeeze it onto a baking sheet in the form of small stars. The distance between the duchesses is 3 centimeters. Melt the rest of the butter, and with a brush, apply it to each duchess. We bake the potato duchesses until golden brown, in a heated oven over medium heat, for about 20-25 minutes.
Step 3: Serve the Potato Duchesses.Rosy potato duchesses are served warm as a side dish for a meat or fish dish. To add flavor, you can sprinkle them with chopped parsley. A delicious decoration for your table is ready! Enjoy your meal!
- - Before adding cream in mashed potatoes, they need to be taken out of the refrigerator that they warmed up a little. Otherwise, there is a high probability that the potatoes will darken.
- - The classic recipe for potato duchesses does not provide additional spices, but if you want to make the taste of mashed potatoes more aromatic, add grated parmesan cheese and nutmeg to it.
- - The optimal size of the star-duchess is 2.5 centimeters.
- - To save potatoes from excess liquid after cooking, drain the water and heat the covered pot with potatoes over low heat. One minute will be enough for this.
- - The potato mass cools quickly and it is necessary to squeeze it out quickly, while it is still warm. Otherwise, nothing will work.