Ingredients for Gadjar Pulau Indian Cooking
- Dried cardamom 4 pieces
- Dried cloves 4 pieces
- Laurel leaf 3 pieces
- Cinnamon 4-5 small sticks
- Dried caraway seeds 2 teaspoons
- Dried ground caraway seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ground ginger dried teaspoon floor
- Dried garlic, ground teaspoon floor
- Dried chili powder on the tip of a knife
- Dried ground coriander 1 teaspoon
- 1-2 medium sized potatoes
- Onion red sweet 2 pieces
- Carrot 1 piece
- Mint leaves, fresh 15-20 pieces
- Coriander leaves, fresh 10 pieces
- Fresh green peas peeled 100 grams
- Green chili pepper 2 pieces up to 2-3 centimeters in length
- Coconut, pulp 200 grams (or 100 grams of coconut)
- Basmati Rice 2 cups (cup capacity 250 milliliters)
- Pure distilled water 2.5 cups
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Carrot, Rice
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Deep bowl, Knife, Cutting board, Plate - 7 pieces, Frying pan, Stove, Kitchen spatula, Large flat plate, Pressure cooker, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Cup
Cooking Indian Gajar Pulau:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Discard the basmati rice, cleaned of excess contaminants, discard in a deep bowl and soak in cold running water on 20 minutes. During this time, prepare the vegetables, onions, carrots, peel the potatoes, cut the stalks with a chili pepper and gut the pepper from the seeds. Rinse the above ingredients under running water along with fresh leaves of mint and coriander, place them on a cutting board one at a time and cut the onions and carrots into cubes with an approximate diameter 1 to 1 centimeter. Cut the pepper into 3 - 4 parts, and potatoes in small arbitrary pieces with an approximate diameter of 2 by 2 centimeters, you can slightly more. With greens, shake off excess liquid and chop it on a cutting board with medium pieces or as you like. Arrange all the ingredients in separate plates, together with peeled peas and flesh of coconut, which I honestly replaced with coconut flakes. Put the potatoes in a bowl and fill with water so that it does not darken. After the lapse of 20 minutes drain water from the rice and put it in a pressure cooker.
Step 2: fry the spices.
Step 3: stew the vegetables.
Step 4: bring the Indian Gajar Pulau to full readiness.In a pressure cooker with rice, add the vegetable mixture, to taste salt mix the ingredients with a kitchen spatula tightly close the pressure cooker with a lid. Put the pressure cooker on the stove, which is turned on to the middle level, when the liquid boils, and you will hear it by the characteristic gurgling sound, screw the stove to the smallest level. In a pressure cooker, this type of pilaf is cooked very quickly. 15 - 20 minutes it is enough to ensure that all the ingredients reach full readiness. Put the finished pilaf in a slide on a large flat plate with a tablespoon, decorate with your favorite fresh vegetables and taste forwards.
- - As described above in the ingredients, coconut flesh can be replaced with coconut flakes, but if you did buy it, just take the right amount of flesh out of the nut and add it to the stewed vegetables as described in the recipe.
- - Instead of all the above spices, you can add only one, its name Garam Masala is an Indian seasoning, which includes all the above spices and some other ingredients that can greatly improve the taste of pilaf. You can buy this miracle in any supermarket or online store.
- - If you don’t have basmati rice at your fingertips, you can use plain polished or unpolished long-grain rice instead.
- - If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can cook pilaf in a cauldron, a chicken bowl or a cast-iron pan. But, the cooking time of pilaf in these containers is doubled, that is, cook pilaf until fully cooked from about 35 to 45 minutes.