Salted Tomato Ingredients
Ingredients for a 10 liter pan (or barrel):
- Tomatoes 6 kilograms
- Garlic 2 heads
- Hot green pepper 2 pieces (2-3 centimeters in length)
- Hot red pepper 2 pieces (2-3 centimeters in length)
- Dill umbrellas with stems of 5-6 branches
- Fresh dill 2-3 branches
- Fresh parsley 2-3 branches
- Horseradish leaves 5 pieces
- Laurel leaf 4-5 pieces
- Cherry leaf 8 pieces
- Currant leaf 8 pieces
- Oak leaf 10 pieces
- Pepper black peas 5 pieces
- Allspice 5 pieces
- Cloves 3 pieces
- Distilled pure water 5 liters
- Salt (coarse grinding) 1.5 cups (200 gram glass)
- Sugar 1 cup (200 gram cups)
- Any vodka 50 grams
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Serving 10 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Stove, Deep pan of 6-7 liters, Glass, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Kettle, Deep pan of 10 liters, Toothpick, Large flat plate, Three-liter jar - 1 for cargo and as much storage as necessary, Sterile gauze - 1 meter 20 centimeters, refrigerator
Cooking salted tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the brine.On a stove included in a strong level, put a deep 6 - 7 liter pan and pour into it 5 liters of pure distilled water. After it boils, add 1.5 cups of coarse salt and 1 cup sugar to the water. Boil the ingredients for 10 minutes, put them off the stove and pour 50 grams of vodka of any kind. Let the brine cool for about 55 - 60 degreesIt should be warm. Do not worry about a large amount of salt, tomatoes will take it as much as they need. High-quality pickle tastes bitter and should be salted 2, or even 3 times. While the brine cools, prepare tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
Step 2: prepare tomatoes, herbs and spices.To prepare our dish, the tomatoes must be fresh, ripe and preferably of late varieties, such tomatoes are solid, their skin is dense and rarely breaks during pickling or preservation, but the color of the tomato does not really matter, you can take red, brown, green or yellow . First, sort the tomatoes so that they do not have spoiled and broken fruits. Then rinse them under cold running water and place in a clean, deep bowl. On a stove included, to a strong level, put a full kettle of water and bring to a boil. Take a deep 10 liter saucepan, wash it thoroughly under running warm water with the addition of any detergent, or with a soda that cleans even the most hopelessly contaminated places. Then pour boiling water over the pan to be sure that the dishes in which the workpiece will be made are perfectly clean. Lay on the bottom of the pan 2 heads of garlic, previously peeled, 4-5 pieces of laurel leaves, 3 pieces of cloves, 5 peas of black and allspice, and washed hot peppers of red and green, 2 pieces each. In a deep bowl, put 5-6 umbrellas of dill, 5 pieces of horseradish leaves, 8 pieces of cherry leaves of currant and oak. Pour boiling water over herbs and leaves and soak them in it. 2 - 3 minutes so that chemicals and harmful microorganisms enter hot water. Then gently drain the water from the bowl and let the greens cool. Shake off excess fluid and lay sprigs and leaves in a deep pan to all other ingredients. Now it's time to lay the tomatoes and there is a little secret! In order for the skin on the tomatoes to be whole before laying, heat each tomato with a toothpick around the stem, so that the fruits that have gathered themselves during pickling will not burst. Put the prepared tomatoes tightly in a deep pan with the stalk down on a pillow of herbs and spices. Put on top 2-3 sprigs of washed parsley and dill.
Step 3: pour the tomatoes and put the load.Pour tomatoes, spices and herbs into a deep pan with a cooled marinade. In order for the tomatoes not to float up they must be crushed with a load. For this, I use a large flat plate and a three-liter jar of water. Squeeze the tomatoes in a plate so that they go down the pan and lay on it sterile gauze folded in 2 layers. From above on a gauze set a three-liter jar of water so that it does not move out and fall. Leave the tomatoes in the marinade on 5 - 7 days so that they begin to roam and release bubbles. Now there are 2 options, after 5 to 7 days the red tomatoes will be ready and you can eat them, you can leave them in a saucepan and store the pickle, periodically changing the gauze in a cool place, as it may mold. Or for longer storage, put the prepared salted tomatoes in sterilized jars or other smaller containers, boil the brine again, cool to 55 - 50 degrees and pour them tomatoes. Cover the jars with clean plastic lids, and put in a cool place, it can be a basement, cellar or refrigerator.
Step 4: serve the salted tomatoes.Salted tomatoes are served cold, as an appetizer, for such aperitifs as vodka or moonshine. Very often they are served along with other salted vegetables in the form of assorted pickles. Tomato taste turns sour sweet and slightly spicy, spicy aroma. Salted tomatoes are pleasant to relish on winter evenings with any side dish, whether it is meat, fish, vegetables or porridge. But the most important thing is that these tomatoes retain most of their vitamins and nutrients for 6-7 months. Tasty and healthy! Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add tomatoes in jars. Just sterilize the three-liter jars in any way, put spices, herbs, tomatoes in them and pour on the cooled brine so that it reaches the edges of the jars, covering the fruits. Watch the level of brine, as tomatoes absorb a small part of it, if necessary, add a little boiled water. After 3 days, drain the brine, boil, cool and pour the tomatoes again. Close the jars with clean plastic lids and place in the cellar or refrigerator.
- - Sometimes, for greater sterility, mustard mixed with vodka is added to jars with tomatoes. For 1 three-liter jar, 1 tablespoon of mustard and 50 grams of vodka of any kind.
- - Vodka in this recipe can be replaced with good, high-quality alcohols, the taste of the tomato will not change.
- - For cargo, you can use a conventional lid, a flat round board or any other device.
- - The brine written in this recipe is also suitable for tomatoes stuffed with herbs and peppers.