Ingredients for cooking chicken terrine with vegetables
- Fresh chicken 1.2-1.4 kg.
- Chicken liver 100 grams.
- Unsalted fat 200 grams.
- Cream with a fat content of 33-35% 300 ml.
- Carrots 50 grams.
- Zucchini 50 grams.
- Onions 1 piece.
- Carrots (whole) 1 piece.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Ground paprika to taste.
- Bay leaf 4 pieces.
- Cognac 30 ml.
- Soy sauce 10 ml.
- Worcester sauce 10 ml.
- Any vegetable oil to taste.
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Zucchini, Chicken
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Meat grinder, Blender, Sharp knife, Cutting board, wooden or plastic, Special terrine dish, Cooker, Large pan with lid for cooking chicken, Minced bowl, Refrigerator, Freezer, Peeler or potato peeler, Vegetable pan, Paper towels, Brush for peeling vegetables, Colander, Large bowl for cooling vegetables, Saucepan or bowl for marinade, Turning spatula, wooden or plastic, Mixing spoon, Frying pan with non-stick coating and lid, Oven, Lattice, Ser sweet dish
Cooking chicken terrine with vegetables:
Step 1: chop the chicken.Take chicken, preferably fresh. We wash it, carefully inspect for the presence of hairs, which are either removed with tweezers or scorched on a fire. Next, on a cutting board with a sharp knife, we begin to chop the chicken. First we separate the chicken legs and chicken breast. Then gently remove the skin from the chicken frame.
Step 2: cook the chicken and twist in a meat grinder.Next, put the frame of the chicken with wings in a large pan, pour 2 liters cold water, it is better to take spring, and put on a big fire. When the water in the pan begins to boil, add the cleaned from dirt and well washed 1 kiss carrots, as well as pre-washed, peeled and halved onions with slices of zucchini (you can use ponytails for this, which you can cut from a whole zucchini). All this needs to be boiled, constantly in the water removing the foam with a spoon, for 40 minutes. When the meat is cooked, remove it with a fork from the pan to the cutting board, and pour the broth into a bowl. Pass the slightly cooled chicken meat through a meat grinder twice, and put the resulting minced meat in a bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutesuntil it freezes around the edges.
Step 3: vegetables mode.We take zucchini, peel them from the skin with a peeler or a potato peeler. Then I wash it under running water and pat it with paper towels to remove excess water and the juice that was released from zucchini. Then cut the zucchini into cubes. Cubes must be with the sides on 0.5 cm You should also chop carrots, which should be washed thoroughly with a brush and then peel or peel with the same peeler. After that, take a small pan, pour water there, salt it and throw the zucchini cubes there, which should be cooked 1 minute and then they should be removed from boiling water and put in a bowl with cold water. To facilitate this task, I advise you to use a colander, which then lower with zucchini in a bowl of cold water. We cook carrots in the same water where zucchini was cooked 2-3 minutes, and which, then, should also be removed and lowered into cold water. then remove the vegetables after cooling from the water and transfer to a deep bowl.
Step 4: prepare the liver.We take chicken liver, wash it under running water. I remind you that it is better to take it fresh. If you have it frozen, then it should first be thawed naturally. Then we wash the liver and slightly dried with paper towels, pickle the liver in a mixture of soy and Worcester sauce, in which cognac should also be added over 10 minutes. We make the marinade in a small pan or bowl. Fry the pickled liver very quickly in a small pan with bots with a small amount of vegetable oil. Fry no more 10 Seconds from each side. We turn the liver over with a wooden spatula, and the pan needs to be heated very very first.
Step 5: prepare the minced meat.We take out the frosted mincemeat from the refrigerator and put it in the blender. Stuffed minced meat should be stirred in a blender at maximum speed until we have the texture of a very sticky dough. This must be done very quickly, literally within 30 seconds. Then pour very cold cream directly into the blender bowl and stir all the minced meat with the cream. Put the mixture in a bowl, season with a little salt, sprinkle with ground black pepper and paprika, mix everything thoroughly with a spoon. Add the minced meat to a bowl with boiled vegetables and mix everything well.
Step 6: take the lard.The fat should first be slightly frozen in the freezer, and then very thinly cut, with plates that should be thick 1 mm.
Step 7: form the terrine in shape.Dry and clean the terrine form with these pieces of bacon. Moreover, slices of fat should necessarily protrude over the edge at least 2 cm Then we spread half of the previously prepared stuffing directly into the form. On top of it, lay the pieces of slightly cooled fried liver, and then - again fill everything with the remaining meat. We wrap the free ends of the plates of fat directly into the mold and cover them with the whole terrine. All remaining gaps should also be closed with fat. put laurel leaves on the top.
Step 8: bake the dish.Cover the terrine with a lid and put in a preheated oven until 140 degrees. Better to put in the middle of the oven on the grill. Cooking terrine in the oven on 1 hour 10 minutes
Step 9: serve chicken terrine with vegetables.We take the finished terrin out of the oven, pour the excess juice formed into a separate plate and remove the terrine from the mold using a spatula and fork. Dry the terrine thoroughly with paper towels. Wipe dry the mold itself. As a result, there should be no trace of fat on our chicken grounds. Let the terrine cool for 1 hour to room temperature. Then put the finished terrine on a serving dish and chop. We serve on the table, after decorating it according to our own understanding. Enjoy your meal!
- - To prepare our terrine, you must have a blender and a meat grinder in your household. Without them, you can’t cook it, but there’s nothing to replace it with.
- - You will also need a special form for terrine. If you do not have such dishes at home, then you can safely use any heat-resistant shape, preferably a rectangular shape and with a lid. If it is without a cover, then the form can simply be covered with food foil, in which several holes must be carefully made with a knife or scissors.
- - By the way, in Russia all products made from some kind of minced meat, served mainly in cold form, for some reason have been called “pies”. Although pate is almost the same cake. That is, any meat filling that is baked in the dough. In addition to such pies, terrine and the same galantines are also called paste. Although the essence of terrine is, nevertheless, it is closest to the Russian concept of paste. Since this is a kind of casserole consisting of several layers and mostly always filled with jelly. Moreover, the layers can consist of any products - at least vegetables, at least meat, at least frutti di mare.
- - If you want to pour jelly on the terrine later, we advise you to wipe both the form and the terrine very well first. Since unnecessary white spots may appear on the jelly due to excess moisture.