Tropical Island Snack Ingredients
- Canned pineapple (rings, in a jar of 8 pieces) - 1 jar.
- Hard cheese 200 grams.
- Chicken eggs 2 pieces.
- Garlic 1 clove.
- Mayonnaise 67% fat 4 tablespoons.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper to taste.
- Salad (leaves) 1 bunch.
- Frozen shrimps in a package of 24 pieces.
- Olives to taste.
- Cashew nuts to taste.
- Greens to taste.
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Pineapple, Cheese
- Serving 4-6
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Deep pan, Wooden cutting board, Knife, Bowl deep, Blender, Microwave, Can opener, Enamel mug, Bowl deep, Colander, Paper towels, Kitchen stove, Serving dish
Cooking Tropical Islands Snacks:
Step 1: make the cheese mass.Take the cheese, mode it into pieces on a chopping board and add to the bowl. Then take the garlic, peel it from the skin, separate 1 large clove and add to the cheese bowl. Grind cheese with garlic thoroughly in a blender. We take chicken eggs, put them in a mug, pour cold water and put on a strong fire. Before this, it is worth a little salt to water so that the eggs do not crack during cooking. When the water in the mug boils, make the fire moderate and cook the eggs more minutes 7-10. Then we drain the water, put a mug with eggs under cold running water and wait until they cool. When the eggs have cooled, clean them from the shell, cut in half and add to the cheese with garlic. Grind everything thoroughly again in a blender.
Step 2: finish the preparation of cheese and egg mass.Add the cheese and egg mass, add a little pepper and add the mayonnaise. After which we mix everything well with a spoon until the pore mass becomes homogeneous. We take a bunch of lettuce, wash it carefully, separate each leaf, if the leg is very long, it should be trimmed slightly, then dry the leaves with a paper towel and spread the leaves beautifully on a serving plate.
Step 3: defrost the shrimp.Next, we will need to defrost the shrimp. You can do this both in the microwave and just under a hot stream of running water. In the microwave, you should put the shrimp in a special container and put on defrost by turning on the defrost function of the fish. If you have chosen a more natural way of defrosting, then you should take a large deep pan, pour water there, salt and put on a big fire. Then shrimp should be put in boiling water and add a little seasoning (dried dill, parsley or caraway seeds). Shrimps are cooked until the shrimps change their color to a rather bright orange, and then wait until they all float to the surface. In most cases, it will take you 3-5 minutes. The main thing here is to overdo it, because if you digest them, their meat will eventually become very tough and viscous. So, when they are ready, the shrimp should be removed from the heat and given constantly in this hot broth 15-20 minutes. Thanks to this, shrimp meat will become even tastier and juicier.
Step 4: serve the tropical islands snack.When everything is ready - proceed to decorate the appetizer. So, first we open the jar with pineapples, drain the water from them and take one ring at a time. Each ring is abundantly smeared on one side (top) with an egg-cheese mass so that at the top it turns out like an island, that is, a tubercle from an appetizer. Then we carefully level everything with a knife and put it on the lettuce leaves, which lie on top of a serving plate. On top of this, we lay out a few shrimps (you can spread the shrimps as in my photo), then put one olive on the ring, sprinkle with nuts and greens. That's all, the appetizer is ready - you can serve it on the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - when you salt the cheese and egg mass, then be guided by the salinity of the cheese itself. If it is significantly salty, then very little should be added to the mass of salt, do not forget that mayonnaise will also add salinity to the dish.
- - if you did not find lettuce leaves, do not be discouraged, because they are not mandatory in this recipe, I added them to the ingredients myself - since with them this appetizer becomes even more beautiful.
- - when you cook eggs, we recommend adding at least 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the water along with salt. This will also help the eggs not crack.
- - it’s best to choose fresh eggs for this dish, and the shrimp should be ice-free inside the bag. Since this indicates that they were repeatedly thawed, which will greatly affect the softness and taste of the meat.
- - Shrimps should never be re-frozen and boiled, otherwise you risk not only spoiling the food, but also the dish. After repeated cooking, the meat in the shrimp becomes stiff, resilient and less tasty.