Rustic Scallop Ingredients
- Fresh or freshly frozen scallops 0.5 kg.
- Premium wheat flour 2 tablespoons.
- Refined vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) 3 tablespoons.
- Fresh or canned tomatoes in their own juice 0.5 kg.
- Tomato juice or ketchup 0.5 cups.
- Garlic 5 cloves.
- Parsley and / or cilantro is a large bunch.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper peas 3 piece.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Bay leaf 2 piece.
- Sour cream 20% fat at 1 tablespoon per serving.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Portion 3-5
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Non-stick pan, Enamel or stewpan pan, Large dish or cutting board, Colander, Garlic gutter, Deep portion plates, Spoon, Wooden overturning spatula, Waffle or paper kitchen towel, Kitchen stove, Serving dish
Cooking scallops in a rustic way:
Step 1: defrost and fry scallops.Defrost mollusks correctly - in vivo at room temperature or in cool water. When the scallops unfreeze, they must be thoroughly washed and laid out on a kitchen towel so that they dry out. Then transfer the scallops to a large dish or cutting board and sprinkle with a mixture of flour and a small amount of salt. Pour vegetable oil into the pan. When the oil is warm, put the scallops sprinkled with flour there. Fry until golden brown, but no more 5 minutesstirring occasionally. Remove the scallops from the heat and leave them in the pan for now.
Step 2: prepare the tomato-garlic dressing.The second main component of our recipe is a tomato-garlic dressing. If the season is for fresh vegetables, then we take fresh, you can slightly overripe tomatoes. Blanch (i.e. free from the peel) as follows. Put the tomatoes in a colander and scald with boiling water. Make a cross-shaped incision at the top and carefully peel. Blanched tomatoes cut into small cubes. For the preparation of scallops in a village with canned tomatoes, we use them together with juice. Pour blanched or canned tomatoes in a pan or stewpan. Add finely chopped herbs and garlic. The garlic also needs to be chopped, either through garlic press or finely chopped with a knife. If the mass is too thick, you can add tomato juice or ketchup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Stew the scallops in the fill.Put the finished tomato-garlic mixture on the fire and bring to a boil. Pour the fried scallops into the boiling pour along with the frying oil remaining in the pan. Add black peppercorns and bay leaf. Stew under the lid over low heat, stirring gently. Estimated Cooking Time 8-10 minutes. Then remove from heat and let it infuse for at least half an hour.
Step 4: serve the scallops in a rustic way.Village scallops can be served both hot and cold. And so and so tasty and unusual. This is best done in small but deep bowls. Clay bowls give the dish a truly rustic flavor. Top the scallops with freshly chopped greens, put a spoonful of sour cream. A perfect addition will be rye bread croutons served in a separate bowl. It is best to drink such a dish with cool bread kvass. Enjoy your meal!
- - for the preparation of this dish it is better to choose small or medium-sized mollusks, they are better and faster soaked in fill.
- - The meat of scallops is very tender, so it is important not to expose it to excessive heat treatment. On average, 5-10 minutes are enough for readiness.
- - for blanching, it is better to choose ripe, but solid tomatoes, without visible damage.
- - Cooking croutons yourself is very easy. To do this, take slightly dried bread, cut it into cubes with a side of about 1 cm and fry in vegetable oil over high heat, constantly stirring until crisp.